Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Fast Forward

I swear, some higher power has hit fast forward on the world. Maybe they were bored, skipping commercials, or what not, I don't know, but I wish they would hit PAUSE once in a while. Just when I think I'm getting ahead, I glance at the calendar to my right and realize I lost another week somewhere. This time though I feel like I lost most of January and I had to write February 7th on a check today. NOT good.

I'm not getting far on my next book either. For some reason, my new character, Kynly, is insisting I get her sketched and painted just right before she'll talk to me. This means I had to do some more studying and self teaching in art techniques. Bryce, the male protagonist is being quite open, but then his life has just been ripped from under him. But I need Kynly to ground me in her world before I write much more. The other huge problem is my characters only come alive at night. Usually very late at night - after midnight. And I have to be up early to get children on a school bus. Not easy tasks to balance there.

Meanwhile, we've added an aquarium and six fish to our household. What a task that has been. Mostly in getting the above mentioned children to pry their faces away long enough to do homework and take care of the poor pup, who apparently is old now even though she just hit 8 months. I suppose though I wouldn't be too eager to go for a walk in 20 degree temperatures and snow flurries either. Thankfully, I don't have to, I have three other pairs of legs to order to do that *grin*.

And now I must go and continue to work on Kynly in my studies of what Photo Shop can really be made to do :)

Till next time,

T.C.

No comments: